A popular commuter motorcycle in India, the Honda Unicorn by Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI), is a mid-range commuter bike with a range of features. While the commuter bike segment in India is filled with vehicles with basic specifications, the Honda Unicorn packs a lot of power and performance in an affordable package. It is designed to perform optimally in urban and rural conditions and is built for safety. In India, it is mandatory to have third party bike insurance as per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. However, if you want coverage for damages to your bike, opt for a comprehensive Honda Unicorn insurance policy.
About Honda Unicorn
The Honda Unicorn is popularly known as the next-generation bike due to its range of features. Some of the unique features of the Honda Unicorn are:
- Comfortable sitting
- Excellent suspension
- Everyday bike
- Good pickup
- ARAI mileage of 60 kmpl
Do I need Honda Unicorn Bike Insurance?
The on-road price of the Honda Unicorn is around ₹1,05,000. It weighs around 140 kg and has a fuel capacity of around 13 litres. While you can take precautions while riding a two-wheeler, it is important to remember that accidents and collisions cannot always be avoided. With comprehensive Honda bike insurance, the insurance company offers financial coverage for damages caused due to such incidents. Without valid comprehensive insurance for bikes, you will have to bear the costs of repair and replacement of parts.
Honda Unicorn Bike Insurance Coverage
When you opt for a comprehensive insurance policy for your bike online, you get coverage for third-party liabilities and damages to your vehicle. While these policies are expected to offer optimum coverage, it is important to go through the policy wordings carefully to understand the inclusions. Here is what is generally covered under Honda Unicorn Insurance:
- Damage to the insured bike due to accidents, mishaps, man-made disasters, and natural disasters
- Damage to the insured bike due to accidental fire
- The theft of the bike or damage caused to it beyond repair
- Personal Accident Cover of ₹15 lakhs for the owner-driver for injuries and even the death of the owner-driver
- Third-party liabilities – financial and legal
Add-on covers for Honda Unicorn Insurance
When you purchase Honda Unicorn Insurance, you can choose from a range of add-on covers offered by the provider. Here are some popular add-on covers used by Unicorn owners:
- Zero Depreciation cover – Bike insurers factor in the bike’s and its parts’ depreciation while calculating the claim amount. When you opt for a zero depreciation add-on cover, the insurer does not deduct depreciation and settles the complete claim amount.
- No Claim Bonus Protection – Bike insurers offer discounts on the premium on renewal to policyholders who do not file a claim during a policy term. This is a No Claim Bonus. It is progressive in nature and increases as the number of subsequent no-claim years increases. However, if you file a claim, the counter is reset, and you lose all the accumulated benefits. With an NCB Protection cover, the benefits are not reset due to one claim.
In India, it is illegal to ride a bike without an active two-wheeler insurance policy. If you are looking for third-party liability plus own-damage protection, you can opt for a comprehensive Honda Unicorn bike insurance policy. Make sure you consider different providers and compare plans to find the perfect one for your needs. Good Luck!