A few Frequently Asked Questions (with an occasional question I wish would get asked more often):
How do we meet if we’re in different locations?
– If meeting in person doesn’t work, we can still meet face-to-face using a number of tools, including Skype or Google. We can also meet by phone and use a screen sharing tool for displaying or training purposes.
How do you charge for your work?
Each section of a project is called a Track. Each Track is $119. Each project gets a scope document outlining the work we suggest. Each section of the scope is one of the Tracks.
Do I have to pay upfront?
– Yes. To start the work, we ask for payment upfront. We occasionally negotiate payment schedules depending on the size of the project (the number of tracks) and your budget.
How does the (money-back) guarantee work?
– Your payment is kept in escrow until you sign off on the project as complete and delivered. If at anytime you decide the project isn’t working out, simply stop the project (we’ll ask you for an email stating such). If we decide on our side, it’s not working out, we’ll do the same and refund your payment in full.
Are your prices a recurring subscription, or a one-time charge?
– While there may be some situations where we agree an ongoing relationship would be beneficial, the services listed on our site are almost always one-time. Any subscription services we might suggest become a relationship with you and the provider (i.e., GoDaddy for a domain name or DropBox for file-sharing).
Do I have to give you access to my passwords?
– Not always. In most cases, we do need access to your website admin area, but there are services we can use so we share a password for the duration we work on your project. After the work is done, we delete that connection. Your password never changed, and we no longer have access.
Who owns the finished work, such as domain names or plugins?
– You do. Unless it’s a subscription service, the accounts with any domain names you obtain or services subscriptions we agree you need to grow your business – belong to you. Still, we’ll always be available to answer questions
I have a project in mind, but I don’t see it on your services menu. Do you know of someone?
– Us. We’ve had a couple of situations where a customer asked about something that became part of our “menu” – so if you have something you need, we start with Basic Level project and work from there. If it’s outside of our capabilities, we know people who are smarter than we are (and charge accordingly).
Have a question still unanswered? Call 515-802-2273. The phone call and answer are free.